Hold Me Tight Workshop for Couples:
October 14th - 16th, 2016
In the Hold Me Tight Workshop, Together You Will Experience How To:
- Get unstuck from cycles of pain, frustration and distance.
- Make sense of your emotions and needs in the relationship.
- Change how you communicate.
- Increase trust and Intimacy
- Heal Injuries and Forgive
More About The Workshop
THE SCIENCE: You will understand how the science of adult love works without the jargon -- yes, there is an actual science to love, and it is called attachment theory. There will be lively discussion and presentations on cutting edge research that has unlocked the mystery of how we bond with and stay securely attached to our most important loved ones. You will apply this to your own relationship to love with more fullness, aliveness, presence, and deeper connection.
THE CONVERSATIONS: You will do meaningful exercises together as a couple in private, after watching video clips of real couples like yourselves doing the same exercises, as well as experience the benefit of being part of a safe and supportive group environment of other couples whose shared goal is to strengthen and heal their relationship. No group speaking or sharing is required.
YOUR FACILITATORS: You will be guided by experienced couples therapists, trained and certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy, a research-validated approach to helping couples heal distressed relationships, and the basis for the Hold Me Tight program. The weekend educational workshop consists of approximately 15 hours of focused time to heal and strengthen your relationship.
You receive a complete notebook of all Hold Me Tight exercises as take-home materials to keep that allow you to return to any part of the workshop at any time in private and redo, rediscover, and deepen the work you did in the workshop.
The investment you make in your relationship will come back to you ten-fold in greater feelings of trust, safety, intimacy, erotic connection, and fun!
Dates and Times
Friday October 14th: 1:30-6:00
Saturday October 15th: 9:00-1:00
Sunday October 16th 9:30-1:30
Early Registration Discount: $995.00 per couple for registrations prior to 9/15/16.
Registration after 9/15/16 is $1050 per couple.
Your All-Inclusive Registration Fee Includes:
• Lodging at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa for Friday night and Saturday night in a lake-view room with one king or two queen beds.
• Workshop Registration for Two. Workshop includes lively interactive group sessions with engaging teaching, popular film examples, and videos of couples demonstrating the exercises you will do in private with your partner
• All program materials for you to take home and reference again as needed
• Snacks and beverages throughout the workshop
• 2 meals: Breakfast buffet or main entree on both Saturday and Sunday mornings
• Saturday evening social event: lake-side bonfire with S'mores
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards.
If paying by check, please make check payable to the EFT Resource Center and mail to the address below. Please note that your registration is not guaranteed until your check is received.
EFT Resource Center
95 North Marengo Ave. Ste 200
Pasadena, CA 91101
Location and Parking
The resort is located at 27984 HWY 189, Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352. Complimentary parking is included with your registration at the workshop.
All participants are asked to:
- Purchase a copy of Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love, by Dr. Sue Johnson. It recommended that you read the book in it's entirety prior to the start of the workshop for the weekend format.
Cancellation/Refund Policy For October 2016 HMT Program
Our cancellation policy is determined by the commitments we make to our host facility. As such, the following is the most generous cancellation policy we are able to offer.
Cancellations prior to 8/11/16 at 12pm will be refunded in full, minus $25.00 processing fee.
If you cancel your registration for any reason after 8/11/15 at 12:00 noon:
there is a 50% cancellation fee, and the remainder will be refunded. However, the cancellation fee can be applied as a credit towards a future EFT Resource Center workshop.
Note: This program is educational and is designed for relationship repair and enhancement. We welcome any couple wishing to heal, deepen and improve their relationship. If, however, you are experiencing intense relationship distress (e.g. violence in the relationship, threats to feelings of safety), it may be better to find a couple’s therapist in your community. Drs. Irwin and Blum can assist you with referrals if you wish.